The Public Humanities Hub – Okanagan is pleased to announce the winners of the 2021 Research Engagement Fund and Workshop Grant.
The Research Engagement Fund supports high quality, faculty-led research dissemination activities designed to engage participation within and/or beyond the university, and the workshop grant supports research-related workshops expected to benefit the broader public of scholars, students, and community members in humanities and social sciences fields at UBC Okanagan.
Research Engagement Fund Awardees
- Adeniyi Asiyanbi (UBCO) and Dr. Dr Usman Isyaku (Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Bergen, Norway): Local perspectives on carbon offsetting in Cross River
- Luís LM Aguiar (UBCO), Dr. Farrah Bérubé (UQTR) and Dr. Carlos Teixeira (UBCO): Future of Ethnic Media
- Emily Christina Murphy (UBCO) and Dr. Katherine McLeod (Concordia): Flamenco Dance and Notation in Canada
- Heather Latimer (UBCO) and Dr. Margaret Carlyle (UBCO): Childbirth Technologies
Workshop Grant Awardees
- Fiona McDonald, Hanna Marie Paul (IGS Graduate Student), Drs. Craig Campbell (UTexas, Austin) and Natalie Loveless (U Alberta), and community partner at Okanagan Regional Library, Monica Gaucher: Anthropocene Greeting Cards: research-creation and writing with publics for climate change
- Luís LM Aguiar (UBCO), Dr. Farrah Bérubé (UQTR) and Dr. Carlos Teixeira (UBCO): Ethnic Media at the Crossroads
Stay tuned for more information about individual winners and their projects.