The Public Humanities Hub at UBC Okanagan is looking for a new Graduate Academic Assistant to join our team. The GAA of the PHH-O will provide administrative support to the Co-Directors through direct and digitized communications, events planning, and facilitation of committee meetings. The GAA will report directly to the PHH-O Co-Directors and with the administrative assistants in the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies.
The GAA will:
- Communicate with the PHH-O Co-Directors and stakeholders
- Manage the Hub’s existing email and facilitate information to Co-Directors and administrative assistants;
- Facilitate meetings for the Hub’s different committees (Steering Committee, Awards Adjudication Committee, Conference Committee, Outreach Committee);
- Support Director in communicating with community members in Kelowna and Awardees about potential collaborations, events, and deliverables.
- Manage PHH-O’s social media accounts and newsletter
- Engage with other UBCO-affiliated social media accounts;
- Craft content from PHH-O Awardees that will be disseminated through social media platforms (blog posts; posters);
- Post announcements of events and funding opportunities from the Hub;
- Post public humanities-related content under supervision of the Co-Directors;
- Collate all content in a bi-monthly newsletter that will be disseminated via the Hub’s email account.
- Support events-planning for the Hub
- Communicate with relevant community partners to plan a Hub event;
- Manage pre-event preparations and during-event activities with Co-Directors;
- Provide a debrief of the event with Co-Directors and Steering Committee.
The GAA is expected to work both remote and in-person depending on local health orders and day-to-day needs of the Hub. In-person work may take place with the Co-Directors and remote work requires appropriate digital equipment with stable internet. Typical work hours is recommended to be flexible from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm PST. UBC requires employees to perform this work while residing in Canada.
How to Apply
Please send CV and cover letter by 4pm on Sept. 24th, to Co-Directors email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held in the last week of September.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from marginalized people on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.