The Public Humanities Hub is seeking a project coordinator to coordinate the organization of the Public Humanities Hub conference, scheduled from June 16-19, 2021.
Key Tasks: Pre-Conference (January 2021- June 2021)
- liaise with and support the work of the Conference Programming Committee: attend all committee meetings, take notes, track tasks and responsibilities, follow up as needed and ensure all activities are completed in a timely fashion
- communicate with conference attendees, including Keynote speakers, regarding logistics of their attendance; track attendance plans
- Maintain accurate and expenditure documentation for the conference
- confirm all logistical details of the conference, including space, hospitality, safety considerations (COVID-19 and other), and digital / technical needs, including liaising with UBC staff and other third parties as needed
- Produce conference program and other associated visual / communication materials (including social media as needed); ensure that all A/V and technical needs for each aspect of the conference have been identified and effectively supplied
- Work with IT Services to develop a conference web page and other collateral as needed.
Key Tasks: Conference
- Be onsite and available to support all key conference activities from June 16 – 19, 2021
- Develop and execute registration activities, including supervision of volunteers as needed
- Ensure all technical needs are adequately provided for panel and other conference activities
Qualifications and Skills:
Applicants should be graduate students. The positions requires a candidate that is detail oriented, well-organized, and proactive problem solvers. Experience in professional communication with the public, strong computer literacy skills, and collaborative work are required. Experience presenting at and/or coordinating academic research activities such as conferences is preferred.
- The position is for 6 hours/week (on average).
- Start Date: January 1, 2021
- End Date: June 30, 2021
Interested applicants should send a letter of motivation and a CV by November 6, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Project coordinator application” in the subject heading. Please address queries regarding this position to Dr. Brigitte Le Normand.